One of the most primeval parts of the US, Olympic National Park covers nearly 1 million acres of the eponymous peninsula in Washington State—95 percent of that designated wilderness. While the typical image of the park is a dark, damp, and overwhelmingly beautiful temperate rain forest, the park also shelters alpine highlands, tranquil lakeshores, and a wild Pacific coastline. On our excursion we will explore Hurricane Ridge, Hoh Rainforest, Lake Quinault & Ruby Beach.
Round-trip transportation, 3 Nights Accommodations*, 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches*, ferry ride, Olympic Park Entrance fee, Hurricane Ridge, Hoh Rainforest, Ruby Beach, Lake Quinault, 5 meals |2 Breakfasts * 3 lunches; including Lake Quinault Lodge) and host.
Quality Inn & Suites in Sequim, WA
Forks Motel (Newly Renovated)
Day 1- Tuesday, October 15- Port Angeles
Ferry from Coupeville to Port Townsend or Edmonds to Kingstown
Olympic National Park Visitor Center, 3002 Mount Angeles Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362
- watch film Mosaic of Diversity (25 minutes, shown on request)
- Hurricane Ridge
- Passport Stamping Station
- Book Store
Day 2- Wednesday, October 16- Crescent Lake & Sol Duc
Hot Continental Breakfast starts at 7 am (included)
Depart at 9 AM
Madison Falls- Elwha Valley
Choice of Two Trails
- Moments in time trail easy trail with no elevation and historical significance (2/3 mile loop).
- Marymere Falls Trail hike is 2.5 miles with elevation and uneven surfaces takes most hikes 11/2 hours round trip.
Ancient Groves Nature Trail ½ Mile loop- ½ mile loop approaches steep river overlooks
Day 3- Thursday, October 17- Ruby Beach, Quinault Lodge
Hoh Rain Forest Visitor Center
- Hall of Mosses Trail starts at visitor center 2 miles (Trail does have stairs and elevation)
Lunch at Lake Quinault Lodge
Day 4– Friday, October 18, 2019 Quinault- Olympia- Return
Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center